This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that RCP does not own or control, or to individuals that RCP does not employ or manage.
B. Data Collection and How We Use
Our primary goal in collecting PII is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and enhanced experience. We only collect PII that is relevant to the purpose of our Services. We may collect PII about our Users in various ways such as: directly from Users, via usage of our Services automatically, from publicly available sources or affiliated 3rd party services. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by Users, publicly available sources or third parties.
- Data You Provide to Us
- Registration - We collect and store PII such as name, address, e-mail, IP address, geo-location, title, job type, phone number, organization name, organization type, country, industry field of interest, credit card (where applicable) that Users voluntarily supply either while on our Sites or Applications. We use this information to enable Users to an array of services and/or features such as online newsletters, notifications, online commenting, surveys, contact forms and paid subscriptions from RCP, partners and advertisers. For some services, Users may be able to submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name, email address, telephone number to send a link of interest or purchase a gifted paid-subscription for them.
- Data Automatically or Passively Collected
- Server Logs – when Users access and interact with RCP Services and its service providers, we receive and record certain “traffic data” on our server logs (which may be hosted by a 3rd party service) such as but not limited to: IP address, timestamp of visit, page visited or service used, geolocation, unique device identifier (if accessing via mobile, unique device identifier. We use this to permit a connection to our Services, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends and administer our Services.
- Usage Data
- Third Party Information Usage – We may allow affiliated 3rd party partners access to your PII to provide us with Services, such as but not limited to technical maintenance, market research, community and forums management, paid subscription management, but only for and to the extent necessary to provide those Services. If you choose to purchase merchandise, products and/or Services, including without limitation Content, on or through features on the Service, we may forward your PII to third parties for services such as credit-card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification.
- Interest-Based Advertising - When you use our website, we share information that we may collect from you, such as your email (in hashed form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our partners/service providers, including but not limited to, LiveRamp Inc and its group companies (‘LiveRamp’). LiveRamp may use our first party cookie on your browser to match your shared information to their marketing databases in order to provide back a pseudonymous privacy-centric identifier for our use in real time bidding in digital advertising. These third parties may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. To opt out of this use, please head here: https://liveramp.com/opt_out/.
- Publicly Available Information - We may supplement information we collect from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our Company Affiliates or business partners, as permitted by law. We may use this information and all information collected to further augment our analytics and reporting, provide and manage our Services.
- Legal Uses of Information - We may use any PII collected to protect and enforce the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, our employees or agents or Users or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
- Mergers and/or Sale of Assets – If RCP sells/merges all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or a material part of its business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), RCP may transfer User PII to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
C. User Access and Control
You can access your PII on our website when you register as a member (free). As a member you can review, update, change or delete the personal Information RCP Services has collected about you in your account settings.
- Receiving Electronic Communications – if Users no longer want to receive newsletter/marketing relating emails or notifications from us going-forward, Users may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email or notification settings.
- Cancelling your account – If Users delete their account, we may also retain backup Information related to the account on our servers for some time after cancelation or fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete all User PII due to technical constraints, contractual, financial, or legal requirements.
D. Notice to California Customers - Your Privacy Rights
(a) The California Consumer Privacy Act, Cal. Civ. Code §1798.100 et. seq. (“CCPA”), grants residents of California certain rights with respect to their Personal Information and requires us to provide such individuals with certain information, described in this Section D(1).
California residents also have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of their Personal Information. We put “sale” in quotation marks because the CCPA considers some transfers of Personal Information to third parties in exchange for value as “sales,” even if no money changes hands, such as when online identifiers, Device IDs, and other information is shared with Third Party Businesses to further their own commercial purposes such as generating profiles about individuals. California residents can exercise this right here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. If we have actual knowledge that a California resident is younger than 16, we will request opt-in consent before selling their Personal Information. Note that we can still share Personal Information with third parties if those transfers aren’t “sales,” such as with our Service Providers.
Depending on the circumstances and which Service you use, we have disclosed the following categories of your Personal Information for a “business purpose” (as defined in the CCPA) in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Know the ways in which we acquire, use, share, disclose and otherwise process your Personal Information;
- Know the specific pieces of your Personal Information that we hold;
- Request the deletion of your Personal Information, subject to several exceptions; and
- Not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights
Depending on the circumstances and which Service you use, we have “sold” (as defined in the CCPA) the following categories of your Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Geolocation data
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories.
- Geolocation data
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories
(b). Shine the Light - California’s "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code Section 1798.83, gives California customers the right to prevent our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business' practices related to disclosing Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose Personal Information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place. As discussed above in X(A)(2), California residents can exercise their right to opt-out here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information
E. Children’s Privacy
You must be 13 years and older to register as a member to the RCP website. As a result, RCP does not specifically collect information about children.
F. Contact Us