RealClearPolitics Evening Edition
Wednesday, August 20Blacks and the Politics of Respectability
- Julia Ioffe, The New RepublicThe Ferguson Feeding Frenzy
- Michelle Malkin, TownhallIs Alaska Race Slipping Away for Republicans?
- Alex Roarty, Natl JournalDems Fail in Effort to Tilt Alaska's Republican Primary
- John Fund, NROWho Will Stand Up for the Christians?
- Ronald Lauder, New York TimesMore Bad News for the Health Law
- Megan McArdle, BloombergObamacare Disappearing as Major Issue
- Greg Sargent, Washington PostGive Up on Attacking Obamacare? Doubtful
- David Harsanyi, FederalistFerguson, Watts and a Dream Deferred
- Thomas Edsall, New York TimesIt's Easy to Avoid Getting Shot by the Police
- Sunil Dutta, Washington PostA Career Covering Politics
- Amy Walter, RCP Changing LanesObama Job Approval: Gallup 43% | Reuters 39%
| RCP Average 41.8%
Tuesday, August 19The Ones Left Behind
- Eugene Robinson, Washington PostYoung Black Men in the Crosshairs
- Bernard Goldberg, National RevewThere's a Ferguson Near You
- Jesse Jackson, Chicago Sun-TimesFerguson's Militarization Distraction
- Ramesh Ponnuru, BloombergJay Nixon Shows Us How Not to Govern
- Eleanor Clift, The Daily BeastDems Are Not Happy With the White House
- Chris Stirewalt, FOX NewsWill 2014 Election Be a Wave or a Ripple?
- Sam Wang, The New YorkerThe Left's Criminalization of Politics
- Tom DeLay, Washington TimesWhy Rick Perry Will Be Convicted
- James Moore, Huffington PostPerry Could Turn Indictment Into Martyrdom
- Kathie Obradovich, DMRThe Trouble With Teacher Tenure
- Frank Bruni, New York TimesTwitter & the Gen. Harold Greene Funeral Hoax
- Byron York, Examiner2014 Senate: NC: Hagan +1
| Governor: NM: Martinez +9 | MN: Dayton +8
Monday, August 18Ferguson: Fire Alarm in the Night
- Walter Russell Mead, American InterestCan We Trust Media to Report the Facts?
- Mollie Hemingway, FederalistA Movement Grows in Ferguson
- Jelani Cobb, The New YorkerRevolutionary Justice Not American
- Victor Davis Hanson, NROJustice Rests in the Hands of This One Man
- Angela Davis, New RepublicAnother Nail in Dems' Senate Coffin?
- Jonathan Tobin, CommentaryDoes Perry's Indictment Disqualify Him for 2016?
- Errol Louis, CNNPolitics as Combat
- Andrew McCarthy, National ReviewReading the Early Republican Presidential Field
- Albert Hunt, BloombergA "Feared By Our Enemies" Foreign Policy
- Kurt Schlichter, TownhallDid School Integration Fail Black Kids?
- Daisy Jenkins, The Root
Sunday, August 17DC Divided Because It Abandoned Federalism
- Philip Klein, DC ExaminerThe Conservative Response to Ferguson
- Peter Beinart, The AtlanticPlaying Soldier in the Suburbs
- Ross Douthat, New York TimesFive Myths About Presidential Vacations
- Scott Farris, Washington PostThe Revenge of the Middle Class
- Wayne Allyn Root, TownhallPerry Indictment Unbelievably Ridiculous
- Jonathan Chait, NY MagazineHow to Wreck the Republicans in 3 Easy Steps!
- Thomas Frank, SalonWhy Obama Administration Sees Racism Everywhere
- Paul Sperry, NYPWhat Is the Price of Perfect Equality?
- Shannon Chamberlain, The AtlanticHopefully Michael Mann Doesn't Sue Me for This
- Trevor Burrus, Forbes
Friday, August 15The Court Is Obama's Biggest Obstacle
- Ron Brownstein, National JournalHow Obamacare Hurts My Family
- Timothy Carney, Washington ExaminerDems' "Kitchen Sink" Strategy for 2014
- Greg Sargent, Washington PostA Climate Crusader's Comeuppance
- Kimberley Strassel, Wall St. JournalCan Clinton Fix Obama's Foreign Policy Mess?
- Will Marshall, PoliticoClinton and Obama Are Both Wrong
- Timothy Stanley, CNNFerguson Police Chief Making Things Worse
- Brian Beutler, New RepublicTrusting the Police?
- Ross Douthat, New York TimesHere's What a Republican-Controlled Senate Should Do
- Reed Galen, RCPSearching for a Palestinian MLK
- Dean Obeidallah, The Daily BeastWhite House Makes War on Israel
- John Podhoretz, Commentary
Thursday, August 14WH Walks Careful Line on Ferguson
- David Nakamura, Washington PostWhat Free Societies Require
- Mary Katharine Ham, Hot AirPoisoned Relationship Between Police & Minorities
- Mark O'Mara, CNNWe Must Demilitarize the Police
- Senator Rand Paul, TimeClinton vs. Obama on Foreign Policy
- Neera Tanden, RCP Changing LanesObama Is Killing Dem Senate Hopes
- Jonathan Tobin, CommentaryWhat's Next With Hillary?
- Gail Collins, New York TimesMedia Slam Christie, Give Cuomo Pass
- Monica Crowley, Washington TimesSilicon Valley Ruining 'Sharing' for Everybody
- Noam Scheiber, TNRConservatives Love Uber Because Freedom
- James Lileks, National ReviewSuicide: A Crime of Loneliness
- Andrew Solomon, The New YorkerMy Depression Confessional
- Betsy Rothstein, The Daily CallerMarist 2016: Christie, Bush Lead GOP
| Clinton vs. Christie, Paul, Bush
Wednesday, August 13Hillary Clinton's Barack Obama Problem
- Chris Cillizza, Washington PostClinton's Hammering of Obama Has Only Begun
- John Podhoretz, NY PostMake No Mistake, We're Back In An Iraq War
- Doyle McManus, LA TimesWhat is the Peace We Seek in Iraq?
- Mollie Hemingway, The FederalistTrue Stereotypes & Michael Brown's Death
- John McWhorter, Daily BeastAmerica Is Not for Black People
- Greg Howard, The ConcourseAl Sharpton's Search for Relevance
- Jason Riley, Wall Street JournalTo Win Latinos, GOP Must Pass Immigration Reform
- Lynn Vavreck, NYTImmigration Reform Not the Key to the Latino Vote
- Reihan Salam, NROMarilinda Garcia: The GOP's Dream Candidate?
- Emily Cadei, OzySuspensions Creating 'Minefield for ESPN Hosts
- Dave McKenna, DeadspinCrisis of American Exceptionalism
- Marc Dunkelman, RealClearPolitics
Tuesday, August 12Obama's Standing Among Voters Hurts Dems
- Anita Kumar, McClatchyThe Civil Rights Movement in Reverse
- Jason Zengerle, The New RepublicHey, Eric Holder: This Isn't 1965
- Ron Christie, The Daily BeastClinton's Risky Hedge Against Obama
- Ron Fournier, National JournalNothing Hillary Says About Foreign Policy Matters
- Phil Klein, ExaminerRand Paul: The Flip-Flop King
- Maria Cardona, CNNHow the Media Protects Democrats
- Brent Bozell, National ReviewWhen Did GOP Start Hating Environment?
- Chris Mooney, Mother JonesWarmists Are Hot Under the Collar
- Deroy Murdock, National ReviewTottering Ivory Towers
- Stuart Butler, The American InterestRobin Williams Lived Intensely
- James Hamblin, The Atlantic
Monday, August 11The President Obama Paradox
- Robert Kuttner, Huffington PostObama Launches Another Drive-by War
- Timothy Carney, DC ExaminerThe Right-Wing's New Climate Change Lie
- Rebecca Leber, New RepublicHow the EPA Ignores the Public and Science
- Tom Harris, New York PostEnding Presidents' Second-Term Curse
- Larry Summers, Washington PostDucey Won't Melt in Arizona's Political Heat
- Hugh Hewitt, DC ExaminerPaul Can Run, But He Can't Hide From Latinos
- Vargas & Andiola, Politico"The Border Fence Is a Joke"
- James O'Keefe, Daily MailThe Right War
- Ross Douthat, New York TimesOil and Why the U.S. Is Defending Erbil
- Steve Coll, The New YorkerIf She Runs, GOP Is Ready for Clinton
- Reince Priebus, RCP Changing Lanes
Sunday, August 10Yet Another Obamacare Bungle
- Ingrid Jacques, Detroit NewsCIA Shouldn't Get Away w/Redacting Report
- Dana Milbank, Wash PostRomney Was Right About, Well, Everything
- Steve Huntley, Chicago STFighters Abandoning al-Qaeda to Join ISIS
- Greg Miller, Washington PostObama's "Lid" Theory of Conflict in Iraq
- Byron York, Wash ExaminerThe Gaza War & Israel's Ethical Challenge
- Roger Cohen, New York TimesDecoding the Specious Concept of 'Proportionality'
- Rex Murphy, Natl PostLike Nixon, Obama Being Treated Shabbily
- John Farmer, NJ Star-LedgerObama Is Far Worse Than Nixon Ever Was
- Roger Stone, FOX NewsHow Ebola Outbreak Spun Out of Control
- Grady & Fink, New York TimesThe End of Neighbors
- Brian Bethune, Maclean's