RealClearPolitics Evening Edition
Wednesday, September 17What Happens If Republicans Win Senate?
- Doyle McManus, LA TimesMedia Bias and the Benghazi Scandal
- Peter Wehner, CommentaryObama Must Ask Permission to Wage War
- Conor Friedersdorf, AtlanticClimate Change: Let's Reject the "Inevitable"
- Mark Bittman, NY TimesNeil deGrasse Tyson & the Science of Smug
- Robert Tracinski, FederalistDems Now Have 51% Chance of Keeping Senate
- Chris Cillizza, Wash PostA Sea-Change Going On in Colorado?
- John Fund, National ReviewThe Truth About Israel and Christians
- Jonathan Tobin, CommentaryA Last Word on the Cruz Affair
- Ross Douthat, New York TimesHow the Best Urban Innovations Draw on Tradition
- Lewis McCrary, RCPAre Things Good Enough in California?
- Andrew Puzder, OC Register2014 Polls: Sen: IA,CO,MI
| Gov: CO,WI,FL,MI
| House: CA52,NY11,NJ3
Tuesday, September 16The GOP Brand's Recovery Tour -- Sort Of
- Stuart Rothenberg, Roll CallDinesh D'Souza Is Planning His Prison Memoir
- Sam Tanenhaus, TNRThe Party of Reason? It's Not the Dems
- Jeff Bergner, Weekly StandardObama's Coherent ISIS Strategy
- Yishai Schwartz, The New RepublicThe President's Self-Defeating Fight
- Caroline Glick, Jerusalem PostTo Crush ISIS, Make a Deal With Assad
- Ahmad Khalidi, New York TimesNFL Doesn't Care About Abuse Toward Women
- Mika Brzezinski, MSNBCJanay Rice and Juanita Broderick
- Thomas Lifson, American ThinkerMitch McConnell's Glass Jaw
- Jim Newell, SalonWar on Poverty Has Been a Colossal Flop
- Robert Rector, The Daily SignalThe Truth About Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- Daniel Mahoney, Liberty LawSenate: KS: Ind Tops Roberts | NC: Hagan +4
| RCP Avgs: GOP +5 Seats
Monday, September 15Obama Needs Congressional Authority for War
- Albert Hunt, BloombergTo Stop ISIS in Syria, Support Aleppo
- Guehenno & Bonsey, NY TimesReject Obama's Plan for the Syrian Rebels
- Erick Erickson, RedStateChina, the Climate and the Fate of the Planet
- Jeff Goodell, Rolling StoneVanishing Evidence for Climate Change
- Harris & Carter, New York PostJudicial Nominations: What's Really at Stake in 2014
- Sahil Kapur, TPMA Conservative Wave Coming in November
- Kurt Schlichter, TownhallWill the Real Bruce Rauner Stand Up?
- Carol Felsenthal, Chicago MagazineThe Next Steps on Immigration
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger, RCP Changing LanesIn Iowa, a Fresh Start or Deja Vu for Clinton?
- Peter Hamby, CNNHillary Clinton Isn't Popular Anymore
- Noah Rothman, Hot AirPolls
: Sen: NH, NC, MI, GA, MN
| Govs: MI, GA, MN, OH, NM
Sunday, September 14Paths to War, Then and Now, Haunt Obama
- Peter Baker, New York TimesFacing the Brutal Truth About ISIS
- Michael Totten, New York Daily NewsIs There a Mutiny Brewing Around Obama?
- Ed Rogers, Washington PostClinton Formidable, Not Inevitable
- Helen Aguirre Ferre, Miami HeraldThe Middle East's Friendless Christians
- Ross Douthat, New York TimesCongress: Don't Duck This One
- Ruth Marcus, Washington PostThis President Couldn't Manage a Taco Bell
- Sherman Frederick, LVRJSleeper in Kansas Might Upset Senate Calculus
- Mary Sanchez, KC StarBay City Feminism: Go Ahead, Abort Girls
- Debra Saunders, SF ChronicleEffing Geniuses and the Phony DC Consensus
- Thomas Frank, SalonA Free Scotland Would Be a Hilarious Disaster
- P.J. O'Rourke, Daily Beast
Friday, September 12How Joni Ernst Became a Contender
- Joel Gehrke, National ReviewDemocrats Are Turning Georgia Blue
- Jamelle Bouie, SlateHow Serious a Threat Is ISIS?
- Peter Beinart, The AtlanticObama Must Go to Congress for Authorization
- Ramesh Ponnuru, NROClimate Change's Populist Moment
- Rebecca Leber, The New RepublicGlobal Warming Was Worth It
- David Harsanyi, The FederalistThank Bill Clinton for AmeriCorps
- Paul Begala, CNNCongress Is Breaking Down
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger, RCP Changing LanesThe Inflation Cult
- Paul Krugman, New York TimesDoctoring in the Age of Obamacare
- Mark Sklar, Wall Street JournalThe Awful Reign of the Red Delicious Apple
- Sarah Yager, The AtlanticObama Approval
: Pew 42, Ipsos 39, YouGov 40, Gallup 41, RasRpts 48
Thursday, September 11A Man With a Plan on ISIS
- Gail Collins, New York Times5 Things That Could Go Wrong With Obama's Plan
- Byron York, ExaminerIs Obama's New War Against ISIS Illegal?
- Eli Lake, The Daily BeastStop the Anti-Obamacare Shenanigans
- Aaron, Cutler & Orszag, NY TimesPoll Offers Brutal News for Obama, Dems
- Jay Cost, Weekly StandardThe Frightening Reason Why These Midterms Matter
- Jim Newell, SalonDems Trigger-Happy With "War on Women"
- Kirsten Powers, USA TodayThe NFL's PC Double Standard
- Charles Gasparino, National ReviewForeign Funding of Think Tanks Is Corrupting U.S.
- John Judis, TNRThe Problem With Al Jazeera
- Weinberg, Adaki & Rumley, National InterestIt's Time to Stop Blundering in Ukraine
- Tony Brenton, Daily TelegraphPolls
: NC Sen: Hagan +6
| MI Sen: Peters +9
| Generic Ballot: GOP +7
Wednesday, September 10Scott Brown Takes Root in New Hampshire
- Margaret Carlson, BloombergObama Doing Carter-Like Damage to Democrats
- Ed Morrissey, Hot AirLessons for Clinton From Cuomo's Primary Scare
- Alec MacGillis, TNRHow the Republican Party Got This Way
- Michael Barone, DC ExaminerObama and the Fall of Saigon
- George Packer, The New YorkerForeign Policy & Our Confused News Media
- Mollie Hemingway, FederalistAmerica's Challenge: Growth That Works for All
- William Galston, WSJThe People's Climate March
- Nick Engelfried, In These TimesClimate of Corruption
- James Taranto, Wall Street JournalIt Takes a Mentor
- Thomas Friedman, New York TimesRay Rice Case Means NFL Needs New Leader
- John Kass, Chicago Tribune
Tuesday, September 9The Myth of Obamacare's Affordability
- Casey Mulligan, Wall St. JournalWhy We Need a Left Wing Tea Party
- Sally Kohn, The Daily BeastCaesarism Delayed
- Ross Douthat, New York TimesObama's Long Immigration Betrayal
- Molly Ball, The AtlanticDon't Buy GOP's New Birth Control Stance
- Rebecca Leber, New RepublicDems Grasp at Straws in War on Women
- Jonathan Tobin, CommentaryScots, What the Heck?
- Paul Krugman, New York TimesAmerica's New Class System
- Glenn Reynolds, USA TodayObama Unlikely to Seek Authorization for Strikes
- Costa & O'Keefe, WPPeter King Wants to Grant Obama 'Absolute Power'
- Allahpundit, Hot AirHawks Owner a Businessman, Not a Racist
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Time2014 Polls: Sen: MI, IA, KS
| Govs: FL, MI, ME, IA
Monday, September 8Immigration Delay Doesn't Give Dems a Pass
- Ed Rogers, Washington PostRepublicans' Nightmare: Obamacare Is Working
- Sahil Kapur, TPMPlan to Replace Obamacare Gets a Boost
- William Kristol, Weekly StandardExplaining Obama's Terrible Political Summer
- James Oliphant, Natl JrnlNow Is the Time to Act on Climate Change
- Ban Ki-moon, Huffington PostU.N. Is a Parody of a Doomsday Prophet
- Daniel Payne, The FederalistHow to Succeed in Silicon Valley Without Trying
- Noam Scheiber, TNRKissinger: Time for All-Out Attack on ISIS
- Toby Harnden, Sunday TimesRape and Rotherham
- Ross Douthat, New York TimesAmerica's Tolerance Dilemma
- Marc Dunkelman, Los Angeles TimesPoor-Mouthing the Presidency
- Nolan Finley, Detroit NewsObama Job Approval: CNN: 43% | Gallup: 42%
| RCP Average: 42.3%
Sunday, September 7Is It WWIII or Just Twitter?
- Maureen Dowd, New York TimesThe Can-Do, Mustn't-Do Presidency
- Kevin Williamson, National ReviewPresident Obama Disappoints, Again
- Edward-Isaac Dovere, PoliticoRepublicans Are Failing to Destroy Obamacare
- Scott Lemieux, GuardianThe "Cronies" Behind Dem Obamacare Votes
- Tim Carney, DC ExaminerRepublicans Keep Edge in Senate Estimate
- Anthony Salvanto, CBS NewsMeet the Democrats' Mega-Donors
- Andy Kroll, American ProspectWorking at the Daily Caller
- Matt Lewis, RCP Changing LanesWhat Would NATO Do?
- George Will, Washington PostThe Deflation Caucus
- Paul Krugman, New York TimesIs Canada Now More American Than America?
- John Fund, NRO