RealClearPolitics Morning Edition
Saturday, October 25The Nastiest Political Tactic This Year
- George Will, Washington PostTwo Electorates, Separate and Unequal
- Joan Walsh, SalonThe Democratic Embrace of Al Sharpton
- Heather Mac Donald, WSJCandidate's Gun Remarks Should Scare Us
- Paul Begala, CNNThis Is How the War on Women Meme Ends
- Ben Domenech, FederalistFor GOP, Winning 2014 Swing States Is Key to 2016
- Frank Donatelli, RCPDemocrats' Path of Last Resort Is Georgia
- Nate Silver, FiveThirtyEightAn Election About Everything
- Stephen Hayes, Weekly StandardWhere Is Obama's Movement?
- Clarence Page, RCP Changing LanesThe Case for Conservative Realism
- Sen. Rand Paul, The National InterestTravel Ban, Visa Ban--Either Way, It Won't Work
- Tara Smith, PoliticoThe Ebola Anti-Hysteria Hysteria
- Holman Jenkins, Wall Street JournalLosing to the Islamic State
- David Ignatius, Washington PostThe Optimistic Republican Story Everyone Is Missing
- Larry Kudlow, IBDShould the Poor Be Allowed to Vote?
- Peter Beinart, The AtlanticThe Poll Tax That Wasn't
- Rich Lowry, National ReviewHow Faith Brought Jackie Robinson to Big Leagues
- Ed Henry, Fox NewsElection 2014: Senate Map
| Govs Map
| House Map
Friday, October 24Barack Obama, Bewildered Bystander
- Charles Krauthammer, Wash PostThe Democrats' Closing Argument
- Jonathan Alter, The Daily BeastHow Is Obama Leaving the Democratic Party?
- Nathan Gonzales, Roll CallThe "Colorado Model" Goes Thud
- Kimberley Strassel, Wall Street JournalThe Great Kansas Tea Party Disaster
- Mark Binelli, Rolling StoneGeorgia: A Midterm Bright Spot for Democrats?
- Caitlin Huey-Burns, RCPCould Hagan's "Perfect" Campaign Lose?
- Alex Roarty, National JournalPlutocrats Against Democracy
- Paul Krugman, New York TimesCan Obama Find Thumpin' to Say?
- Peggy Noonan, Wall Street JournalWH Watchful as New Ebola Case Confirmed
- Alexis Simendinger, RCPCDC Lost Its Ebola Gamble
- Alex Berezow, USA TodayMichael Brown and Race Hoaxes
- Mona Charen, National ReviewThe Disgust Election
- Timothy Egan, New York TimesDems' Midterm Weapons: Money, Money, Money
- Fred Barnes, Wkly StdThe Seeds of a New Labor Movement
- Harold Meyerson, American ProspectAs Economy Evolves, Are You Maneuverable?
- Rich Karlgaard, ForbesBilly Joel: Thirty-Three-Hit Wonder
- Nick Paumgarten, The New Yorker
Thursday, October 23What Women Want
- Gail Collins, New York TimesObamacare Returns as Election Albatross
- Karl Rove, Wall Street JournalCan Landrieu Pull Off Another Louisiana Miracle?
- John Dickerson, SlateWhy Mary Landrieu Is In So Much Trouble
- Sean Trende, RealClearPoliticsPolls Aren't Skewed, Udall Losing in CO
- Harry Enten, FiveThirtyEightIn Kentucky, Grimes Down - But Not Out
- Dana Milbank, Washington PostWhat Election? Networks Ignore the Midterms
- Noah Rothman, Hot AirObama and the End of Greatness
- Jeff Shesol, The New YorkerCanada Loses Its Innocence
- Roy MacGregor, Globe and MailHow Big Is Canada's Terror Network?
- Mak,Lake & Siegel, The Daily BeastWe Need Diverse Energy Sources
- Amit Ronen, RealClearPoliticsEbola, Pandering and Courage
- E.J. Dionne, Washington PostIn Iowa, Mike Huckabee Is Making Moves
- Scott Conroy, RealClearPoliticsHow Senator Warren Helped Rig the System
- Joan Vennochi, Boston GlobeMcConnell Will Restore Dignity to Senate
- George Will, Washington PostGOP Senate Would Be Shutdown Nightmare
- Annie Lowery, NY MagazineAmerica's Embarrassing Parenting Fail
- Heather Wilhelm, RealClearPoliticsObama Approval: Pew 43% | YouGov 41% | Gallup 40%
| RCPAvg 41.2%
Wednesday, October 22Dems Run, But Obama Won't Let Them Hide
- Ed Rogers, Washington PostKansas and Georgia Change the Equation
- Charlie Cook, National JournalAmid Missteps, Nation's Confidence Is Ebbing Steadily
- Peter Baker, NYTThe Great Midterm Divide on Race & Gender
- Ronald Brownstein, AtlanticCDC Is Awash in Social-Justice Ideology
- Heather Mac Donald, City JournalIn GA, Nunn Isn't Running From Obama
- Dana Milbank, Washington PostHow Gun-Control Is Affecting This Election
- Frank Miniter, ForbesColo. Senate Race a Petri Dish for Both Parties
- Caitlin Huey-Burns, RCPRemembering Ben Bradlee
- David Remnick, The New YorkerThe Hunter Biden Chronicles
- Michelle Malkin, TownhallChristie: It's Time to Start Offending People
- Tim Alberta, National JournalPutin and the Pope
- Thomas Friedman, New York TimesKerry Fails to Hold Hamas Accountable
- Peter Berkowitz, RealClearPoliticsThe Era of Political Disruption
- Ron Fournier, National JournalWhat If Clinton Doesn't Run?
- Lincoln Mitchell, New York ObserverPerry Whiffs in Obama's Ebola Footsteps
- Charles Hurt, Washington TimesThe Healthiest Diet "Proven" by Science
- Ross Pomeroy, RealClearScienceAssociated Press/GfK: Obama Approval: 40%
| Generic Ballot: GOP +8
Tuesday, October 21Running Against Obama, GOP Positioned for Sweep
- Josh Kraushaar, NJHow Obama Can Salvage Last Two Years
- Thomas McLarty, Wall St. JrnlObama, the Pariah President
- Dana Milbank, Washington PostKlain to Take Reins of Ebola Effort
- Alexis Simendinger, RealClearPoliticsWhy Is There No Surgeon General? Ask Dems
- Byron York, DC ExaminerElizabeth Warren Makes the Case
- Eugene Robinson, Washington PostA Dark and Stormy Night for Democrats
- Wesley Pruden, Wash TimesReasons to Calm Down About Ebola
- MacKellar & Siri, Wall Street JournalWhy Is Obama Always Surprised?
- James Oliphant, National JournalRepublicans Winning the War on Voting
- Ari Berman, The NationHow Dems Keep Black Voters in a State of Fear
- Erick Erickson, RedStateThe Making of Ferguson
- Richard Rothstein, American ProspectSelf-Indulgent Triviality in Ferguson
- Rich Lowry, National ReviewCan Solar Power Fuel America?
- Amit Ronen, RealClearPoliticsThe CIA's Real Drone Queens
- Toby Harnden, The Sunday TimesHow Edward Snowden Changed Journalism
- Steve Coll, The New YorkerBehind a NY Times Call to Bust Up Amazon
- Ira Stoll, New York Post2014: Senate Map
, NTU Map
| Gov Map
, NTU Map
| House Map
Monday, October 20Obama's Standing With Women Hurts Senate Dems
- Manu Raju, PoliticoRepublicans, Don't Undermine Government
- Sally Kohn, CNNEbola Isn't a Messaging Problem
- Gottlieb & Troy, Wall Street JournalCan the Dem Machine Beat Ernst in Iowa?
- Shane Goldmacher, Natl JrnlThe Democratic Party's Leftward Shift
- Joel Kotkin, OC RegisterWhy You Should Heed What the Polls Say
- Sean Trende, RealClearPoliticsNorth Carolina Voters Must Pick Between Negatives
- Al Hunt, BloombergThe Trouble With Early Voting
- John Fund, National ReviewHow Republicans Could Blow It
- Bill Scher, RealClearPoliticsObamacare Debate Heats Up in Va.
- Jeffrey Anderson, Weekly StandardIs U.S. "Stuck on Stupid" on Ebola Outbreak?
- Emily Metzgar, USA TodayEbola Is Now a Stand-In for "Blackness"
- Hannah Giorgis, The GuardianWhy Liberals Still Divide People by Race
- Victor Davis Hanson, IBDObama Considers His Judicial Legacy
- Jeffrey Toobin, The New YorkerHow Ayn Rand Captured the Magic of America
- Charles Murray, FederalistMacArthur Makes His Famous Return
- Pat Horan, RealClearHistoryWhy Kids Sext & What Parents Should Do About It
- Hanna Rosin, Atlantic
Sunday, October 19The Virus of Cynicism
- Frank Bruni, New York TimesWhat Liberals Can't Admit About Ebola Politics
- Charles Cooke, NROTravel Bans for Ebola Won't Work
- Abby Haglage, The Daily BeastThe Travel Ban and the New Czar
- Peggy Noonan, Wall Street JournalObamacare Cancellations, Again
- Tim Phillips, USA TodayWill Larry Pressler Be the Dems' Hero?
- Margaret Carlson, BloombergKay Hagan's October Surprise
- Joel Gehrke, National ReviewWhat Would George Washington Do?
- Carl Cannon, Orange Cty RegisterEbola Czar Should Be a General Not a Pol
- Albert Hunt, BloombergNYT Blatantly Spins for the White House
- John Podhoretz, New York PostStop With the "Ebola Is Obama's Katrina" Stuff
- Dylan Scott, TPMEbola, Ideology and Common Sense
- Pat Buchanan, Pittsburgh Trib-ReviewBillionaires Become Their Own Political Parties
- Jim Rutenberg, NYT MagHouston's Scandalous Intimidation Tactics
- Mollie Hemingway, FederalistRepublicans Pave Way to All-White Future
- Francis Wilkinson, BloombergWhite Liberals and the Grievance Industry
- Bill O'Reilly, FOX NewsChina's Dangerous Game
- Howard French, The AtlanticSenate '14: Map: 45 GOP, 10 Toss Up, 45 Dem
| RCP Avgs: GOP +8 Seats
Saturday, October 18Failures of Competence
- Joe Nocera, New York TimesRon Klain, the Stimulus and Ebola
- Byron York, Washington ExaminerKlain Is a Great Choice for Ebola Czar
- Ezra Klein, VoxThe Ebola Breaking Point
- Andrew McCarthy, National ReviewLate Shifts in the Polls Probably Won't Help Dems
- John Sides, Wash PostDemocrats Put Prayers in Ground Game
- Cameron Joseph, The HillUdall's Overheated Rhetoric in Colorado
- George Will, Washington PostKentucky Showcases the Worst of Politics
- Michael Cohen, Boston GlobeWhat If Republicans Win?
- James Freeman, Wall Street JournalWhere the Tea Party Rules
- Janet Reitman, Rolling StoneLower Oil Prices Are Unambiguously Good
- Larry Kudlow, IBDOur Downward Spiral Since Citizens United
- Norm Ornstein, Natl JournalObamacare's Unknowable Price Tag
- Keisling & Gillespie, ReasonThe Nasty Politicization of Ebola
- Dana Milbank, Washington PostHow the Feds Block Ebola Cures
- Robert Goldberg, New York PostMaher: Yes, I Can Generalize About Muslims
- Marlow Stern, Daily BeastStart Helping the Helpers
- Arthur Brooks, New York TimesGovernor Polls
: IL: Rauner +1
| PA: Wolf +7
| MA: Baker, Coakley Tied
Friday, October 17Who Do They Think We Are?
- Peggy Noonan, Wall Street JournalWhy an Ebola Travel Ban Wouldn't Work
- Caygle & Wolfe, PoliticoGetting Serious About Ebola
- Charles Krauthammer, Washington PostLet Obama and Frieden Do Their Jobs
- Joe Conason, National MemoThe Macaca Democrats
- Matthew Continetti, Washington Free BeaconWhen the Rick Hits the Fan in Florida
- Paul Begala, CNNHispanics Souring on Obama Dems
- Michael Barone, Washington ExaminerCould the South Save the Democrats?
- Joy-Ann Reid, Miami HeraldWhat to Expect From Senate Polls in Final Days
- Sean Trende, Crystal BallObama Could Federalize Ebola Control Effort
- Alexis Simendinger, RCPWhy a Quarantine Makes Sense
- Steven Beutler, The New RepublicEbola & the Failure of the Administrative State
- John Davidson, FederalistWhat Markets Will
- Paul Krugman, New York TimesThe Eerie Silence About Fed Policy
- Amity Shlaes, National ReviewFueling Decentralization: Solar Power & the Tea Party
- Amit Ronen, RCPFrom "One Tough Nerd" to Embattled Governor
- Molly Ball, The AtlanticWe Don't Know What the White House Is Hiding
- Ed Rogers, Wash Post2014: Senate Map
, NTU Map
| Gov Map
, NTU Map
| House Map
Thursday, October 16President Obama's Ebola Problem
- Justin Sink, The HillObama Steps Up Ebola Response
- Alexis Simendinger, RealClearPoliticsHow Presidents Handle Pandemics
- Eleanor Clift, The Daily BeastObama's Spectacular Incompetence Turns Deadly
- Joe Curl, Wash TimesWhy Is the Stock Market Sliding So Hard, So Fast?
- Shawn Tully, FortuneFalling Market a Death Knell for Dems?
- James Piereson, RealClearPoliticsRepublicans Aren't Guaranteed to Win
- Sam Wang, The New RepublicThe Republican Election Hand Gets Better
- Karl Rove, Wall Street JournalThis Election Is Tied, & GOP May Try to Steal It
- Rachel Maddow, MSNBCThe Dems' Most Effective Midterm Message
- Josh Kraushaar, Natl JournalIs Dems' Kick-the-Can Strategy Backfiring?
- Tom Bevan, RealClearPoliticsA Year of Living on the Brink
- Daniel Henninger, Wall Street JournalOctober's Wild Ride Isn't Over Yet
- Mohamed El-Erian, BloombergInflated Fears of Ebola and Terrorism
- Steve Chapman, Chicago TribuneAmerica's Dangerous Ebola Advice
- Heather Wilhelm, RealClearPoliticsIs Jeff Bezos Really the Bad Guy?
- Alex Beam, Boston GlobeWill the FCC Try to Tackle the Redskins?
- George Will, Washington PostGeneric Vote: FOXNews: GOP+3 | ABC/WP: GOP+7 | NBC/WSJ: GOP+1
Wednesday, October 15Scarier Than Ebola
- Frank Bruni, New York TimesObama Has an Ebola Czar. Where Is She?
- Mollie Hemingway, FederalistMidterm Trouble Looms for Obama, Democrats
- Gary Langer, ABC NewsA Life Raft for Hagan in N.C.?
- Katrina vanden Heuvel, Washington PostBehind the Global Growth Slowdown
- Brian Wesbury, Wall Street JournalObama, Not Bush, Master of Unilateral War
- Goldsmith & Waxman, TNRDenver Post's Awful Endorsment in Colorado
- Gary Hart, Huffington PostThe Audacity of Greg Orman
- Byron York, Washington ExaminerKeystone Pipeline -- Will It Ever Be Built?
- William Tucker, RCPA Pump War?
- Thomas Friedman, New York TimesThe Democratic Party Hits a 30-Year Low
- Aaron Blake, Washington PostWill Republicans Fumble at the Goal Line?
- Jay Cost, Weekly StandardThe Polarizing Politics of Solar
- Amit Ronen, RealClearPolitics5 Key Implications If Baghdad Falls to ISIS
- Patrick Poole, PJ MediaNo Shock and No Awe
- Eugene Robinson, Washington PostThe Ferguson Effect: A Cop's-Eye View
- Deputy Matt, New York PostAccused College Rapists Have Rights, Too
- Judith Shulevitz, New Republic